Sunday 31 August 2014

Durga Pujo Countdown; 30 days

The countdown finally hits 30days! Yayyy!

23days more for Mahalaya.
 
Images from Gettyimages


 I decide I have had enough of listening to Mahalaya on CD. Ever since I moved out of Kolkata, I havent listened to the radio. But, this time it will be the radio.
...
The charm and excitement of keeping the radio all set for the recital next morning, one last glance at it before you hit the bed, waking up 15minutes prior to the recital, painful efforts at tuning to the correct station and then listening to it is an experience nothing can match.

Back to good, old times....good old days...So am out loking for a radio.

As I ask the dealers for a radio, they show me big systems with radio built in them. No, I want the old, smaller ones. They look at me amazed. One of them smirks and tells me 'those days are gone, Madam'. Another tells me to buy a mobile with FM.

I give up and leave it to the husband to locate one.

#Pujocountdown

No comments:

Post a Comment